How to Pick the Perfect Cruise
In the process of searching for the ultimate adventure in cruising, there are many choices that need to be made during the planning stage. Here are some items you’ll want to consider to insure a fabulous experience and to create lifelong memories.
1. Size of Ship: There are small, medium and large ships that can accommodate from 900 to 1300 and 2500 passengers respectively. Of course, there are the very small vessels that carry only 100 passengers but you will pay for it (i.e. River Cruising).
vacation packages all inclusive
2. Style of Ship: Ships tend to lean either to the more formal or to the very causal. You will want to decide if you are more interested in wearing flip-flops to dinner or prefer to dress up a bit during the whole duration of the cruise.
3. Length of Cruise: How many days you want to be out at sea is definitely a component you will want to consider. There are cruises as short as 3 days, or as long as 30 days or more (sea sickness can sometimes be a consideration).
4. Destination/Ports: There are cruises that go to just about anywhere in the world. Whether you’re looking for a historic cruise in Europe, or a Caribbean cruise that offers snorkeling and beach parties, chances are there is one just for you.
5. Kids or No Kids: Cruise Lines offer specific sailings that are geared towards families, with lots of activities for the kids and plenty of fun for adults. If you are searching for a more quiet cruise or one that has been designed for couples, those are available as well.
6. Amenities on Board: Different ships offer different amenities. Almost all ships have the same basic amenities such as public activities like bingo and shuffleboard, kid’s activities, swimming pools and meals. Additional amenities can vary in what is offered, what is free or what has additional fees. They can include fitness or dance classes, internet cafes, Vegas-style shows, casinos and specialty dining.
7. Size/Style of Cabin: There are suites, inside, outside and balcony cabins to choose from. You can feel the movement of the water more from certain cabins so if that is something you need to consider, talk with your travel agent to get the best cabin that suits your needs and desires.
united airlines reservations official
Cruising can be a lifestyle or one heck of a vacation. Either way you look at it, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from making this travel journey one of your best. Happy Cruising!
Trisha has been working with the Travel Team for over 10 years. She has traveled extensively across the world and has been booking travel to Australia for 8 years.
Find More Cruise Articles